GPZ 7000 Gold Detector (Minelab)
The master in finding gold under ground.
The GPZ 7000 gold detector is a state-of-the-art piece of equipment, and many users have experienced excellent results. With an approximate 40% increase of depth search from the GPX series, this detector definitely sets the bar high. The sensitivity of the detector is fantastic and uses a Super-D coil. What makes this coil different is the central transmit windings, and 2 outer receive windings. Ground noise is reduced because there is very little interference from magnetic soils. The detector has excellent ground balancing precision and automatically tracks on most ground conditions. The menu system is very easy to use and all functions are grouped under Detection or Maps. You can even log detections and map your finds because of the built-in GPS. You are also not required to wear headphones to detect gold. Choose between using headphones or make use of the built-in speaker (WM 12 Wireless Module).
Another benefit is the ability to search in depths of 1m or 3ft of water. The *GPZ14 coil is waterproof and submersible making it much easier to search shallows.
Here is a list of specifications:
- Frequency - Zero Voltage Transmission (ZVT)
- Standard 13"x 14" Super-D coil with skidplate
- The coil is waterproof up to 1m or 3ft
- Full Colour LCD Display - 320x240px including a backlight
- It has memory as well as an USB interface for XChange 2 PC software
- Detection modes for gold - High Yield, General, Extra Deep
- Detection modes for ground types - Normal, Difficult, Severe
- Ground balancing can be set to Auto or Manual
- It has 20 sets of sensitivity levels
- It uses Li-Ion rechargeable battery pack (7.2V DC, 72Wh), and also sends an alert when the battery is low.
- Collapsed size - 1,17m or 46.1"
- Extended size - 1,56m or 65"
- It weighs 3.32kg, or 7.32lbs, which includes the 72Wh battery, coil and skidplate
*Please note that the GPZ14 coil is waterproof, but the GPZ 7000 gold detector itself is only weatherproof. The WM 12 Wireless Module is neither waterproof, nor weatherproof.
Testing took place in laboratories, and does not portray results for all types of conditions or soils.
For more information about this detector, please see the brochure.